Thursday, December 10, 2009

How did I develop allergy to scents and what is contained in Estee Lauder's White Linen Perfume that causes it

Since I was a kid, I'm very fond of perfumes, colognes, cosmetics, air freshener but recently I think I developed this allergy to particular scents. I don't know when it actually started. After my caesarian delivery, I feel something has changed in my body system. My sister was wearing White Linen perfume (the one I used to wear also) while we were together in bed and suddenly I had a very itchy throat and nose that I started to cough. I wonder what is it that gives me allergy? Ingredients are the following: alcohol denat., white linen perfume, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, isoeugenol, benzyl salicylate, cinnamyl alcohol, linalool, benzyl benzoate, benzyl alcohol, amylcinnamyl alcohol. I usually sneeze or I feel uncomfortable when I enter shops without ventillation. During winter, I have a dry, itchy, bleeding nose in the morning. I never had this before. Is it because of the low humidity in Canada? My nose became sensitive.How did I develop allergy to scents and what is contained in Estee Lauder's White Linen Perfume that causes it
Probably the citronellol. Lots of people are allregic to it.





Tell your sister to buy better perfume... That stuff is toxic!





I always loved scents too, until I landed one of my very first jobs years ago, working the line at Revlon. I was fine with the make-up but when they tossed me into the perfume section... I thought I would die. By the end of the day I had a migrane the size of texas.





I only wear perfumes that I have been wearing for years and If I do wear anything new or different, I usually buy it in the form of the body lotion first, to see how I will react to it as the lotions are more subdued.





White linen is a horrible scent... and the Revlon plant process all of the high end make-up and perfume, they are all affiliated so...How did I develop allergy to scents and what is contained in Estee Lauder's White Linen Perfume that causes it
It's true that certain scents will give you a reaction when you have perfume allergies . Usually strong over-bearing scents will do it . Try to stick with better quality %26amp; delicate scents . Donna Karen's ';Cashmere Mist'; is a soft perfume ; and so is'; L'Air du Temps ';, by Nina Ricci .
I know from working for Estee Lauder in the past ... that for differnt reasons people become allergic to differnt products... The estee lauder product is not a cheap product. All the creams and really the whole line is really luxurious... BUT many people have this problem and switch to CLINIQUE. This is Estee Lauder sister or child company, also Avida clinque and estee lauder are made in the same factory... But try products in a line that is marked SENSITIVE.... There could be a million reasons why this is happening... You mentioned going into shops.. There is some kind of sprayed finish or treatment that the clothes have on them in the stores... Have you noticed in Macy's you ever feel tired or itchy eyes or headach you leave the store and your better in a few minutes? Its all allergy related.. I would ask my allergist. He may be able to help better than the fourm./
Allergies come on when you start getting older, especially if you never had them as a child. Some perfumes have formaldehyde in them and this is highly allergy causing. Stop using this product and see if you notice any changes. Yes, nosebleeds are from not having enough moisture in the air. Try using a humidifier and if you cannot do this, then put bowls of water next to your vents and keep the clean and full and this will help some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
car financing