Sunday, November 29, 2009

Allergic reaction to Estee Lauder eye makeup remover! How can I get the swelling and itchiness to go down?

I used Estee Lauder eye makeup remover at a friend's house last night and I woke up with my eyes almost swollen shut. The skin around my eyes is very swollen, itchy, and red. How can I get this to go away?Allergic reaction to Estee Lauder eye makeup remover! How can I get the swelling and itchiness to go down?
The same thing happened to me with some make up years ago. You need to keep your eyes and face clean, keep washing them with cold water and take some antihistamines - if it doesn't go down in a couple of days get to the docs.Allergic reaction to Estee Lauder eye makeup remover! How can I get the swelling and itchiness to go down?
Try diphenhydramine.


Brand name Benadryl.


Works for allergic reactions.


PRESCRIBED FOR: Diphenhydramine is used for the relief of nasal and non-nasal symptoms of various allergic conditions such as seasonal allergic rhinitis. It is also used to alleviate cold symptoms and chronic urticaria (hives). Although antihistamines are the preferred class of drugs in allergic rhinitis, they only reduce symptoms by 40%-60%. Diphenhydramine also is used for allergic reactions involving the eyes (allergic conjunctivitis), to prevent or treat active motion sickness, and for mild cases of Parkinsonism, including drug-induced Parkinsonism. The last two uses (motion sickness and Parkinsonism) are based on the anticholinergic effects of diphenhydramine, and not its antihistamine effects. Diphenhydramine is also used for treating insomnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
car financing